Interview with Sabri Bebawi, Author of God on Trial

Reading and Writing Addiction was able to catch up with Sabri Bebawi, Author of God on Trial for an interview. We are excited to share this interesting interview today with our readers



RAWA: When did you first discover that you were a writer?  
Sabri Bebawi, Author of God on Trial


SB: I have always loved writing and have been writing since my childhood.  I had worked as a journalist for many years before becoming a college professor.  I have written many textbooks and a few creative ones. 




RAWA: What is your favorite part of writing? 


SB: The birth of an idea and the process to develop that idea.  In writing novels, the best part is character development.




RAWA: What do you think is the most challenging aspect of writing? 


SB: For me, it has always been writing a realistic dialogue.  That English is my third language makes this extra challenging.




RAWA: Tell us about your latest release. 


SB: I am fortunate that my first novel “God on Trial” has been received very well by critics and reviewers. 




RAWA: How did you come up with the title of your book? 


SB: Since my childhood, growing up in the religiously fanatic world of Egypt, I have always doubted the existence of god and the believe that religions are a positive force.  I have experienced that god and religions are very negative force and always wanted to bring the idea to people’s attention; hence “God on Trial” was born.




RAWA: Who are some of your favorite authors?


SB: I love reading and it is hard to say I have  favorite author; however, I am obviously influenced by Gibran Khalil Gibran, Naguib Mahfouz, Arthur Miller, Virginia Woolf and many Russian and French authors.




RAWA: What do you think has influenced your writing style the most?


SB: My strong desire to study the ‘Human Condition’ and that is why most of my writings, like Woody Allen, deal with our human condition and our relationships.




RAWA: As a writer what is the accomplishment that you are most proud of? 

SB: My latest novel “God on Trial” - I am proud of the outcome and have learned that novels take a life of their own because at times I wonder if I really wrote this book.




RAWA: How did you get published?


SB: Submitting my creative work to many publishers and failing (unlike my textbooks) I resorted to using CreateSpace and Amazon.





RAWA: Do you have any advice for writers looking to get published?



SB: If you have an idea to share, go for it and do what it takes without despair or frustration.  The rewards are in the final project.





God on Trial by Sabri Bebawi is available at Amazon.com

Comments