Interview with Valerie Hockert, Author of "As I Sit Here Fishing"

Reading and Writing Addiction was able to catch up with Valerie Hockert, Author of "As I Sit Here Fishing" for an interview. We are excited to share this insightful interview today with our readers.


RAWA: Valerie, Please tell us about your latest book. 
Author Valerie Hockert

VH: As I Sit Here Fishing is a story about George, who going through a mid-life crisis, goes fishing and he questions things that are happening in his life, and then his mind wonders with each fish he catches, and he relates each fish to people that he knows.


 
RAWA: Where did the idea come from to write this book?

VH: A lot of time while fishing one has a lot of time to think; when one has that time, one tends to reflect on things that are happening in one’s life.



RAWA: Give us an insight into your main character. Why is he/she such an important part of the story?

VH: George is the main character doing some soul-searching.



RAWA: Where does the story take place and why did you choose this setting for the novel?

VH: It takes place in one of Minnesota’s 10,000 lakes and I chose this setting as I am familiar with it and there is quite a variety of fish.



RAWA: What was the hardest thing about writing this book?

VH: Making sure I had the names of the fish correct. LOL



RAWA: Is this book part of a series? If so, tell us a little about the series. If not, would you consider creating a series from this book and what are your thoughts on writing a series?


VH: The book is not a part of a series, but is the first of several books of reflections. Another one is As I Stand Here Ironing, then As I Sit Here Listening, and As I Await the Hunt.



RAWA: If your book were made into a movie, who would you choose to play the main characters?

VH: I could see Matthew Perry as George.




"As I Sit Here Fishing" by Valerie Hockert is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, Audible and iTunes. 

 





Comments