Interview with J.D. Gordon, Author of "Pour Out in Me --Prayer Journal Volume 2"

Reading and Writing Addiction was able to catch up with J.D. Gordon, Author of "Pour Out in Me --Prayer Journal Volume 2" for an interview. We are excited to share this insightful interview today with our readers.



RAWA: When did you first discover that you were a writer?

JDG: In my early teenage years I use to have pen friends and this hobby brought me remarkable satisfaction
J, D, Gordon, Author of
"Pour Out In Me --Prayer Journal Voulme 2"
and fulfilment. There were days as a teenager I went to the post office and collected over thirty mails. My love for writing also became apparent while attending High School – Kingston College. We were able to form the first newsletter for the school as teenager boys.


RAWA: What is your favorite part of writing?

JDG: I enjoy expressing my thoughts in colours and on paper. I always receive marvelous thrills from touching a reader’s heart with my writings.


RAWA: What do you think is the most challenging aspect of writing?

JDG: Most persons who like to write don’t know what to write. Those who do not like to write don’t have that problem except that they are missing out on the joy and excitement of writing.
I do not have writers block. Everyday finds me with new and refreshing inspiration. I am able to write over 2,000 proverbs in a year from the daily and moment by moment inspirations I receive.
So my challenge would be more on the path of storing and organising these many writings.


RAWA: Tell us about your latest release.

JDG: The Pour Out In Me Prayer Journal Vol. 2 looks at the effective use of the mind and effectively managing our relationships to become better Christians and individuals.
The concept is profound: Write down whatever it is you are saying to God and write down also whatever God is saying in response to you. It is recognising that prayer is a conversation. It is also recognising that this conversation is affected a great deal by what goes on in our minds and the quality of our relationships.
The book introduces a few new concepts.
Firstly the concept of W.I.N. – Write It Now. This surrounds the acknowledgement that an inspiration and hunch that you receive, if not acted on quickly and diligently will leave just as quickly as it came.
Secondly, the need to create and manage a watch list is also encouraged throughout the book.


RAWA: How did you come up with the title of your book?

JDG: One day I had a vision of a hand coming out of the heavens with a jar. The jar contained a liquid that was being poured into another vessel on the ground. I was so overwhelmed by this experience. It has since grown to include other forms of outpouring from the heavens to the earth with a ray of sunlight.


RAWA: Who are some of your favorite authors?

JDG: Among my favourite authors are King Solomon, John C. Maxwell, Writers of the Daily Bread, C.S. Lewis, Dr. Mike Murdock and Dr. Cindy Trimm.


RAWA: What do you think has influenced your writing style the most?

JDG: The reading of the psalms and proverbs as a teenager have greatly impacted my writing style.
Books and movies that are comical have also impacted the humour side of my writing.
I like the idea of making every sentence a powerful, short and profound nugget of truth.
The AWAI - American Writers & Artists, Inc. has also influenced my writing style.


RAWA: As a writer what is the accomplishment that you are most proud of?

JDG: The joy of knowing my book is in someone’s collection. I find joy from readers sharing with others on how much they are blessed and impacted by the words; knowing these writings are also tools readers can use to living effective and successful. I find pleasure and glory from knowing I am doing what I was created to do. As a writer of music as well, there is an untapped reservoir of music and love that each time I write gives me an opportunity to share.


RAWA: How did you get published?

JDG: All my books so far are self-published including the POUR OUT IN ME Prayer Journal Vol. 2.
If I do not get a traditional publisher to take some of my written work I have already made up my mind to form my own publishing house to get these works out.


RAWA: Do you have any advice for writers looking to get published?


JDG: Yes. It is very important to find someone who has already taken the journey you are considering. There is much wisdom to be gained from it. It is essential to know your focus and why do you want to publish. Knowledge of your intended or target audience is also key. I have found that if you are not passionate about it, you will give up as the rewards at the start a minimal or zero. But if you believe with all your heart this is what God has called you to be a part of, then go for it. Don’t just do it, do it with a spirit of excellence.




 "Pour Out in Me --Prayer Journal Volume 2" by J.D. Gordon is available at www.jermainedgordon.com.

Comments