Interview with Dr. Lesia M Banks, Author of "All Connections Matter: Change Your Circumstances by Changing Your Connections"

Reading and Writing Addiction was able to catch up with Dr. Lesia M Banks, Author of "All Connections Matter: Change Your Circumstances by Changing Your Connections" for an interview. We are excited to share this insightful interview today with our readers.



What are your ambitions for your writing career? 

John C. Maxwell on Leadership, T.D. Jakes on
 Dr. Lesia M. Banks, Author
Spirituality, Lesia M. Banks on Career Development. My goal is that my name will one day be synonymous with Career Development. My life’s purpose and passion has been revealed; to help others achieve academic and career success. It is my desire that my books will serve as a resource tool for
individuals seeking academic and career success.


Where do your ideas come from?

I have been exceptionally blessed with regard to career success. As a leader in the Federal sector I have often seen individuals struggle to achieve the same level of success.
My desire is to write books that will serve as a “tool kit” or GPS for achieving academic and career success. My own career and my everyday life experiences in the work place fuels my ambition to write.


If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson, MD: a New York Times best seller; short, easy-to-read, “simple” book with a “profound” message on dealing with change in one’s personal and work life,
which can lead to success in the workplace. This book has been a staple and hallmark in every office in which I have worked and in every leadership program in which I participated.


What advice would you give to your younger self? 

Dream Big Dreams. Also, I would not allow anyone to convince meet that “I can’t”. The personal mantra to my younger self would be: “I Can, I Shall, I Will, I Must; there is no Can’t”.


What is your favorite quote? 

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in
which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” Eleanor Roosevelt.


How can readers discover more about you and your work? 

By visiting, www.drlesiabanks.org and by following me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/C3BOOK , LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dr-lesia-m-banks/57/800/175, and Twitter @drlesiabanks.


Tell us a little about yourself and your background? 

I was born and raised in Danville, Virginia; a small town in the Southwestern part of the state. I was raised by blue collar, hard-working parents who, unfortunately, didn’t have the tools necessary to give me the needed guidance to achieve academic success beyond high school. Today I am a first generation college graduate.


When did you decide to become a writer? 

I love to write and I love to read and I have often pondered the idea of writing many books. During a networking session, a colleague; an already accomplished author, encouraged me to write my first book; C3 CreatingCareerConnections. As they say the rest is history.



What have you written?

In 2014, I published my first book: C3 CreatingCareerConnections. It is a Pre-College to Career
Enrichment Guide and is currently being used by guidance counselors in New York, Massachusetts, and Ohio public schools.



Tell us about your recent released book and why you decided to write it?

The book is dosed with powerful, motivational quotes from renowned leaders, entertainers, and writers such as General Colin Powell, Oprah Winfrey, and Dale Carnegie, an iconic writer on self-improvement.

Memorable quotes are threaded throughout the book and provoke thought on perseverance through
professional challenges and personal adversities. Career guidance can cover a number of topics;
however, this book works to hone in on the connections that can strengthen or bind an individual. It
provides agency to people who use the book to empower their lives by using the exercises and resources to make personal changes. I walk the reader through a process of examining connections for their relevance and importance.

I decided to write this book because I understand that effective relationship building is critical to career success.





All Connections Matter: Change Your Circumstances by Changing Your Connections -- An A to Z Guide to Checking Your Connections: Are They Stretching Your Vision or Choking Your Dream? is available at Amazon.com.

Comments