Interview with Katherine Shears and C.S. Whitehurst, Authors of A-C-T Like A Kid And T-H-I-N-K Like A Parent

Reading and Writing Addiction was able to catch up with Katherine Shears and C.S. Whitehurst, Authors of "A-C-T Like A Kid And T-H-I-N-K Like A Parent" for an interview.  We are excited to share this insightful interview today with our readers.



Please tell us a little about yourself.

Katherine Shears:
My name is Katherine Shears, I am known by some as “the self-help soul food chef” because of my
Author Katherine Shears
love of helping people get the morsels of life-transforming information that they need to get their mind right.

C.S. Whitehurst:
I am called C. S. Whitehurst.  I like playing video games, reading a good book, and experiencing nature when the weather's good. I enjoy programming games, and writing stories. And I love it when things in life just make sense.



How and when did you become a writer?

Katherine Shears:
I honestly believe I've always been a writer. We all have infinite capabilities and various talents that come naturally to us. From as far back as I can remember I’ve enjoyed expressing myself through writing.

C.S. Whitehurst:
Author C.S. Whitehurst
I've been writing stories since I was a kid. Then when I was in college, I was studying game development, and I had to write game narratives. And then I realized that there was a great need for a certain set of information that I, my schoolmates, and my professors had, that people in many urban neighborhoods did not have, information that makes functioning in higher society possible. My coauthor and I stockpiled the fundamental information that could be used to help fortify the intellectual foundation while enhancing a person's knowledge and logic. And there, our first published book was born.


Who inspires you?

Katherine Shears:
Ultimately, my inspiration comes from the Supreme Creator through so many beautiful, intelligent, and enlightening daily encounters. I get inspired by others that I encounter in my journey, when witnessing their growth and helping them along in their own journey.

C.S. Whitehurst:
I am inspired by the victorious potential of the underdog. I love when the average person reaches down deep, and comes up with what it takes to shine amazingly. In just watching this, I grow a little.


What are you most proud of?

Katherine Shears:
I am most proud of my determination, perseverance, and focus, while getting things done in the midst of intense mind-splitting, life-altering adversity.

C.S. Whitehurst:
I am most proud of my ability to learn from my mistakes, while shedding light, and uncovering hidden truths through research and education.


How did you come up with the title of your current book?

C.S. Whitehurst and Katherine Shears:
Our inspiration for the title came from the contributions of a combination of conscious literary giants, who specialized in either people, kids, or parenting, amoung other things. They are John Bradshaw, Steve Harvey, Paul Hauck, Janet Woititz, Richard Templar, and Charles L. Whitfield, to name a few


Please tell us about your current book?

Katherine Shears:
A-C-T Like A Kid and T-H-I-N-K Like A Parent. We all have been children who were confused by things our parents said or did. That lack of understanding causes communication issues and a host of others. For the adult reader, the information in this book corrects many lingering issues from childhood. For the younger person still being groomed by their parents, the information serves as a translator so to speak. Helping children better understand their parent's nurturing love, guidance, and rules.

C.S. Whitehurst:
We set out to make a book that would do for child-parent relationships, what Steve Harvey, Tyler Perry, and their associates did for lady-man relationships world-wide, a book that would bring healing, nurturing and educated reconciliation between the two.


Do you think religion/politics influences your writing?

Katherine Shears:
Religion/Spirituality, and politics are important dynamics to consider when sharing self help information.

C.S. Whitehurst:
Religion or politics, not so much, but spirituality, definitely yes.


Are you working on another book now or do you plan to in the future?

Katherine Shears:
Yes, I invite everyone to continue on the empowering quest to elevate their logic with Surrogate Re-parenting 2 Aka Get Your Mind Right 2. The information is designed to take you a bit higher and deeper in your logical development than Surrogate Re-parenting 1 did.

C.S. Whitehurst:
Yes, I am doing another collaboration with Katherine Shears on Surrogate Re-parenting 2 A.K.A Get Your Mind Right 2, which will be coming soon, and goes much higher and deeper than Part 1 did.


Would you like to share anything else with our readers?

Katherine Shears:
Get ready to get past yourself and fulfill your destiny! I welcome you to empower yourself with the enlightening information shared in my work. My schedule, upcoming events, contact information and more can be found on my website www.katherineshears.com .You are your most prized possession! You are worth the work! Thank you for your support.

C.S. Whitehurst:

We are all children of tomorrow. Never let the past dictate or limit you in your next opportunity. It doesn't matter how good or bad the past is. Tomorrow can still be fantastic.


A-C-T Like A Kid And T-H-I-N-K Like A Parent is available at Amazon.com.





Comments