Interview with Joy Cieslarski Author of Secrets Among Us

Reading and Writing Addiction was able to catch up with Joy Cieslarski, Author of Secrets Among Us, for
Joy Cieslarski, Author of Secrets Among Us
an interview. We are pleased to share this insightful interview today with our readers.

RAWA: When did you first discover that you were a writer?
JC: When I was in high school. I’ve always loved to write. I worked on the school newspaper, yearbook and took any other opportunities to write.  I did some writing in college as well.


RAWA: What is your favorite part of writing?
JC: Seeing the characters come to life as I write and create the story.


RAWA: What do you think is the most challenging aspect of writing?
JC: Keeping the story interesting and exciting. If I’m bored writing it, the reader will be bored reading it.


RAWA: Tell us about your latest release.
JC: It is a story of jealousy and envy.  What makes a friendship teeter over the edge to the point
of betrayal?


RAWA: How did you come up with the title of your book?
JC: It was built around the characters and their relationships.


RAWA: Who are some of your favorite authors?
JC: John Saul, Stephen King, Jonathan Kellerman, 


RAWA: What do you think has influenced your writing style the most?
JC: Strong stories. 400 pages of fluff does nothing for me. I need to be involved with every page.
This is how I’ve written my books. I try to keep the reader immersed in the story. I draw upon their emotions and make them feel what the characters feel.  I try to paint them into the story.


RAWA: As a writer what is the accomplishment that you are most proud of?
JC: I am proud of the fact readers I don’t know have reviewed my books favorably and
sales have good for the most part.  Having people tell me after they’ve read my book “I couldn’t put it down” makes me feel awesome!


RAWA: How did you get published?
JC: I self-published because I believed in my work and I didn’t want it changed!


RAWA: Do you have any advice for writers looking to get published?
JC:  If you can find an agent to support your dream and get it out to the masses, that’s great.
But, don’t sideline your dreams waiting for that opportunity. Get out there and let others
see your gifts. It’s a great feeling.









You can purchase a copy of Joy Cieslarski's book Secrets Among Us at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Itunes and Anderson's Book Shop.

Comments