Interview with Thomas Hay, Author of An Abduction Revelation

RAWA: When did you first discover that you were a writer?
Thomas Hay, Author 

TH: I can’t say that I have. Just because I published a couple books doesn’t make me a writer. I tell my stories, rather than writing them. I suppose that makes me a story teller, rather than a writer? Both my books are written in a conversational style. It is akin to  readers  sitting with me around a camp fire telling ufo stories while sharing a bottle of wine.

RAWA: What is your favorite part of writing (telling the story)?

TH: The reaction of the reader (listener). They are just blown away with my story. They can’t decide if I am for real or just pulling their leg. That is why I advertise the book as “Reality or imagination gone wild.”

RAWA: What do you think is the most challenging aspect of writing (telling a story)?


TH: Keeping the reader (listener) engrossed. It gets easier after the second glass of wine. 

RAWA: Tell us about your latest release.


TH: “An Abduction Revelation” was inspired and came to life after I published my memoirs. In my original memoir “The Comeback Kid”, I tell of my first wife claiming that both of us had been abducted by aliens during our marriage. I never believed her, figuring she had to of had a few loose marbles. This created a “what if she was right scenario” that I developed into another story.  I write (tell) it in another memoir, as  completely different life events were revealed after discovering she had been right about the abductions. I made sure “An Abduction Revelation”  stands on its own and is not a sequel to the original memoir. 

RAWA: How did you come up with the title of your book?

TH:Telling how I came up with the title at this point would be a spoiler. When you read the story, you will find the answer. We all know how writers (story tellers) hate spoilers. I can say this much, I had a startling revelation that will torment your reality.

RAWA: Who are some of your favorite authors?


TH: Author’s who write their memoirs. Especially America’s war hero’s. 

RAWA: What do you think has influenced your writing style the most?


TH: My wife, my life, and my personality. A well written memoir will capture the author’s  personality.  My present wife told me I accomplished that. She also was the one who encouraged me to share my story. When I indicated to her I was getting bored with retirement and was thinking about writing a book, but had no idea what to write about, she suggested a memoir.  “You have had an intriguing life,” she said. The more I thought about it, the more it made sense. After all, when I pass into another life, all my memories will go with me. Writing them down would give me internal life on this planet. Besides, my future generations will now have a family history book and  will be able to determine where they got their idiocy.  


RAWA: As a writer what is the accomplishment that you are most proud of?


TH: That I am published and readers are enjoying my stories. Also, it enabled me to become familiar with the computer and social media. That is a great accomplishment for someone who still doesn’t have a cell phone or has never used a ATM machine. That in itself makes me the rarest of a rare breed.  


RAWA: How did you get published?

TH: A nerve racking experience within itself. After pulling hair I couldn’t afford to lose, I finally settled on self publishing.


RAWA: Do you have any advice for writers looking to get published?


TH: Go for it, but keep in mind  that more than likely you aren’t going to become rich and famous overnight, as there are 10,000 books published monthly.  Patience will be your virtue. 






An Abduction Revelation by Thomas Hay is available online at Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Comments