Interview with C.W. Holcomb, Author of Dark Moon: Something Out of Legend

Reading and Writing Addiction was able to catch up with Chris Holcomb, Author of Dark Moon: Something Out of Legend for an interview. We are excited to share this interesting interview today with our readers.


RAWA: When did you first discover that you were a writer?  
C.W. Holcomb,
Author of Dark Moon:
 Something Out of Legend


CH: I first discovered I was a writer back in 2005. I had this idea for a novel that just kept developing in my mind, until I was thinking about it night and day! This went on until I told my father about it and he just replied offhandedly: "well just right it down then!"



RAWA: What is your favorite part of writing? 

CH: My favorite part of writing is finding out what happens next! I sincerely have no idea what is going to happen in my works until I write it! I have to read a good portion of what I have already written for the next sequence of events in the novel to be revealed to me in images like scenes in a movie! That is why, for me writing the first few lines of a novel is the most difficult part. After that it becomes effortless for the most part; once I am caught up in the flow of the storyline.


RAWA: What do you think is the most challenging aspect of writing? 

CH: The most challenging part of writing for me is dealing with distractions. For people like me who are consumed by their passions, everything else from the day job to playoff games to social commitments is a distraction that seems to constantly push back the completion dates of novels I have worked on and am currently working on.


RAWA: Tell us about your latest release. 

CH: My latest release is Hunter's Moon:Echoes in Time. The sequel to Dark Moon and the second book in the Brotherhood of the Moon series. The human Special Forces soldiers that were turned in the first novel are now coming to terms with the creatures that they now are, along with the new immortality and superhuman strength that comes with being a newborn werewolf. Also the alien threat escalates as they renew their attacks with upgraded machines and weapons. Raziel meanwhile has relives more memories of his youth more than a thousand years before as he is payed a visit by very unexpected guests.


RAWA: How did you come up with the title of your book? 


CH: The title of my book came to me one day while I was writing out pages of notes on characters and subplots and seemed to fit the work perfectly!

RAWA: Who are some of your favorite authors?

CH: There is a long list of authors that I like, but a few that are my favorite would have to be, J.R.R. Tolkien, Terry Goodkind, Terry Brooks and C.S. Lewis


RAWA: What do you think has influenced your writing style the most?

CH: I think what has influenced my writing style the most for this series would have to be Terry Goodkind. I read his debut novel, 'Wizard's First Rule, when I was fifteen and it really made an impression; really made me want to write on day


RAWA: As a writer what is the accomplishment that you are most proud of? 

CH: The accomplishment that I am most proud of as a writer is having had Dark Moon be a part of the Frankfurt Book festival in Germany last year!


RAWA: How did you get published?

CH: I got published through single-minded persistence, sending out my submissions to one publisher after another for a year and a half, not knowing whether I would get a response from any of them.



RAWA: Do you have any advice for writers looking to get published?

CH: My advise to writers looking to get published is, one: avoid self-publishing companies at all costs: they will have you pay hundreds of dollars to publish and not do a darn thing for you once it is. And two: come up with a compelling and eye-catching title. Maybe even try it out on friends to see if it makes them want to read the novel or not. People underestimate the importance of a title that both makes sense in conjunction with the work and that is compelling to a broad audience.



Dark Moon: Something Out of Legend by C.W. Holcomb is available at Amazon.com








Comments