Interview with Rom Gayoso, Author of How to Win in Every Scenario

Reading and Writing Addiction was able to catch up with Rom Gayoso, Author of How to Win in Every Scenario: Using Scenario Planning to Create Win-Win Solutions in Ukraine and in Other Complex Situations for an interview. We are excited to share this interesting interview today with our readers.


RAWA: When did you first discover that you were a writer?

RG: Actually I discovered my passion for writing in Primary school! I had a wonderful teacher
Rom Gayoso, Author
who encouraged me to write more and more, so I started creating my own stories.



RAWA: What is your favorite part of writing?

RG: My favorite part is when the dots are connected for someone else and they see the inner work of the plot, so they can guess the end of the story. I put a lot of effort on creating a cohesive package for the book, so it makes sense.



RAWA: What do you think is the most challenging aspect of writing?  

RG: I believe it is right before the writing process takes place, that is organizing one’s thoughts in a logical way for creativity is often untamed and goes everywhere, whereas writing requires a lot of discipline and organization.



RAWA:  Tell us about your latest release.

RG: In this book is about a strategic planning method called Scenario Planning, which equates to storytelling.  I teach people how to use a 5-step process to create their own scenarios and I run the reader through three different cases: 1) an ethical dilemma: Stem Cell research, 2) a large problem: renewable energy deployment to reduce carbon emissions, and 3) a conflict: the crisis in Ukraine.



RAWA: How did you come up with the title of your book?

RG: If we can make sense of the future, the new can put our energy into creating it and in this process we can always find a winning solution, hence “How To Win In Every Scenario”.



RAWA: Who are some of your favorite authors?

RG: I like the classical philosophers because they help me think. I also like many economists: Robert Reich, John Kenneth Galbraith, Hayek, also Robert McNamara.



RAWA: What do you think has influenced your writing style the most?

RG: Many people along the way, but certainly my students, because I concentrate on bringing practical applications to the discussion, and not just some theory.



RAWA: As a writer what is the accomplishment that you are most proud of?

RG: The accomplishment I am most proud of is the next project… I use it as a motivation tool: if I am certain to be working on my biggest accomplishment, then I can pull heart and soul into it.



RAWA: How did you get published?

RG: I decided to put together a set of materials that go along with the seminars I teach, so I ended up deciding to pursue a formal publishing process.




RAWA: Do you have any advice for writers looking to get published?

RG: Use a “board of directors” to help you organize your thoughts. I invested many hours tossing around ideas, concepts and stories with a close group of friends, so that they would operate as a sounding board. Only select people who can give you constructive and candid advice, avoid “yes” people at all costs. 




How to Win in Every Scenario: Using Scenario Planning to Create Win-Win Solutions in Ukraine and in Other Complex Situations by Rom Gayoso is available online at Amazon.com




Comments