Interview with Dr. Lesia M. Banks, Author of "C3: CreatingCareerConnections"

Reading and Writing Addiction was able to catch up with Dr. Lesia M. Banks, Author of "C3: CreatingCareerConnections" for an interview. We are excited to share this insightful interview today with our readers.


What are your ambitions for your writing career? 

John C. Maxwell on Leadership, T.D. Jakes on
Dr. Lesia M. Banks, Author of
 "C3: CreatingCareerConnections"
Spirituality, Lesia M. Banks on Career Development.  My goal is that my name will one day be synonymous with Career Development.  C3 CreatingCareerConnections is only the first of many books that I hope to write regarding career development.  My life’s purpose and passion has been revealed; to help others achieve academic and career success. It is my desire that my books will serve as a resource tool for individuals seeking academic and career success.


Where do your ideas come from?  

I have been exceptionally blessed with regard to career success.  As a leader in the Federal sector I have often seen individuals struggle to achieve the same level of success.  My desire is to write books that will serve as a “tool kit” or GPS for achieving academic and career success.  My own career and my everyday life experiences in the work place fuels my ambition to write.


If you could have been the original author of any book, what would it have been and why?

Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson, MD:  a New York Times best seller; short, easy-to-read, “simple” book with a “profound” message on dealing with change in one’s personal and work life, which can lead to success in the workplace.  This book has been a staple and hallmark in every office in which I have worked and in every leadership program in which I participated.


What advice would you give to your younger self? 

Dream Big Dreams.  Also, I would not allow anyone to convince me that “I can’t”.  The personal mantra to my younger self would be:  “I Can, I Shall, I Will, I Must; there is no Can’t”.


What is your favorite quote? 

“You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.  You must do the thing you think you cannot do.”  Eleanor Roosevelt.


How can readers discover more about you and you work?

By visiting www.c3book.com, www.drlesiabanks.org and by following me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/C3BOOK, LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/dr-lesia-m-banks/57/800/175, and Twitter @drlesiabanks.


Tell us a little about yourself and your background? 

I was born and raised in Danville, Virginia; a small town in the Southwestern part of the state.  I was raised by blue collar, hard-working parents who, unfortunately, didn’t have the tools necessary to give me the needed guidance to achieve academic success beyond high school.  Today I am a first generation college graduate.


When did you decide to become a writer?

I love to write and I love to read and I have often pondered the idea of writing many books.  During a networking session, a colleague; an already accomplished author, encouraged me to write C3 CreatingCareerConnections.  Consequently, the entire last section of C3 is dedicated to the “art” of making connections, i.e., networking.


What have you written? 

C3 CreatingCareerConnections is my first published book.  I am currently writing two more books simultaneously, one a continuation in the career development arena that speaks to the impact of social media on one’s career the second is a personal story of my life; my challenges and my accomplishments.  The book opens with my story as a breast cancer survivor.  I believe that this book will help others better relate to me as a person with the same challenges that others have experienced and yet having been blessed to overcome such challenges.


Where do your ideas come from? 

All of my book ideas have come and will come from life experiences; in the workplace and at home. How much research do you do?  My life experience is my research; ever evolving and always present.



C3: CreatingCareerConnections by Dr. Lesia M. Banks is available at Amazon.com.


Comments